Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Novel Lead.

I am at a point in my life where things are changing.  I'm graduating college and don't really have a family to go back home to. Basically, I'm between a rock and a hard place. Although my situation is changing, I am changing as well. I feel like I want to reach out more than I ever have before, and I find that Electronic Dance Music is the perfect medium.

I have always listened to a little EDM for most of my life.  Even during my rock phase, rap phase, R&B phase, you get the point. Where I grew up EDM was not very popular, in fact it was discouraged. Sadly, everyone thought I was weird when I would bump Satisfaction by Benny Bennassi (but how they loved the video!). When Kanye West came out with Stronger my friends thought I was crazy for "listening to that group that stole Kanye's song (Daft Punk *facepalm*)". When I hit college there was a sort of paradigm shift for my generation.  At least the generation in my region.

Now, EDM is no longer the side-music to my various phases, because it is the phase. I hope this phase lasts for a long time. I'm still new to the whole EDM scene and even music. So, I plan to share my tastes and topics concerning Electronic Dance Music. More than that I would like to share music that means something to me and maybe broaden other people's horizons. Also, I'm sure other people will be able to broaden my own.

Next Time: My Personal Prescriptions.
Well I'm hopping off the soap box - here's something to try, the video for Fedde Le Grand & Patric La Funk - Autosave

2 comments:

  1. Hey, do you make any techno? If so post it, I want to hear it. :)

    ReplyDelete